Essays, deadlines, exams, presentations, pizza, beer pong, girls, boys, sex and alcohol poisoning…being a student is hard, huh? All you have to do is add rent, bills, grocery shopping, part-time work, insomnia and inexplicable sobbing to the agenda, and you soon find out that being an adult is much HARDER than student life.
So without further ado, here are 18 times Students totally failed at being Adults…
1. All those times you made every single item of clothing you owned dirty without considering doing any washing, then dragged a gargantuan load of laundry half way across the country and batted your eyelashes at Mum…
@ MOM IM SORRY BUT I HAVE NO MORE UNDERWEAR I DONT CARE ABOUT CLOTHES AT THIS POINT I JUST NEED UNDERWEAR
— steph (@haizhailee) October 15, 2016
Even London’s finest Hipsters can’t deny the call of the parental tumble dryer…
@diycouture Shoreditch area around old street was quiet last night! Hipsters have obvs gone home to parents with their washing!
— Claire-Louise Hardie (@Thriftystitcher) December 23, 2015
2. The time you tried to look respectable for your Careers Presentation but failed…epically
— inside/out at cbcb (@insideoutcbcb) September 30, 2016
…and the days when you completely regressed back to childhood
I forgot to buy tissues and now I’m blowing my nose into a t-shirt #adultingfail
— nadia (@wheresnadia) September 23, 2016
3. The time you realised your priorities were in desperate need of an overhaul…
— Brooke KNIX (@KNIXBrooke) October 18, 2016
4. All those times you tried hard to ignore your adult responsibilities…
why spend ur time writing a 5 paged paper on Irish history when u can ignore all ur responsibilities for two hours and make bank pic.twitter.com/NhM91FzJDk
— christina (@Steele_YoGirl) November 1, 2016
Aah, the classic ‘bury your head in the sand’ technique, known and loved by students across the globe.
Me trying to hide from my responsibilities if I can’t see it it doesn’t exist. pic.twitter.com/tqXCv4gPJA
— Palisha (@palishaaaxD) January 10, 2016
But you can’t run away forever…
5. When even the simplest classroom task somehow manages to get the best of you…
I love seeing all these amazing carved pumpkins, meanwhile I can’t even draw a straight line
— Sophie Wilson (@Sophie19Wilson) October 31, 2016
6. When you made increasingly questionable nutritional decisions…
Bread & butter for tea again then. #adultingfail
— Fae Halstead (@faehalstead1) October 11, 2016
…because maybe you just had no other option but to eat the one lowly cheese stick
Sometimes I wanna go out and do stuff and then I realize that I have like 2 pennies and a cheese stick
— Maiya (@hagridsbeardd) January 7, 2016
…or maybe you made a simple- yet fatal- mistake
— Leah Jordan (@leahjordanmedia) November 1, 2015
…or maybe you just couldn’t handle the freedom of being an adult.
7. All those times you wondered who the hell left you in charge??
I ate too much candy and now I’m dying. Plz send help
— a dingus (@NikkiMcLayton) November 1, 2016
8. And that time you should have known your limits…
My jaw is sore bcus I tried to drunkenly eat a glue stick ln thinking it was cheese smh
— aℓyssa schafer (@alyssaschaf3r) January 10, 2016
9. All those times you risked lives just by setting foot in the kitchen…
— Marta Azevedo (@Seferys) September 23, 2016
…and setting off the fire alarm so many times that your housemates now suffer from migraines.
10. All those days you couldn’t muster the energy to get dressed…
best part about college is everyday is pajama day
— tay (@rhoadestay) October 22, 2016
11. When you forgot important parts of the human anatomy…
GUYS help i have skittles stuck up my nose i cant take it out
— monika (@hottestjacob) October 30, 2016
12. The times you failed at your New Year resolutions…
I started yesterday working out and ended it by eating like 6 eggrolls and 5/6 of a pizza. #NotAnAdult
— Rebecca Day (@RebeccaDay93) January 10, 2016
13. When your complete inability to make sound decisions forced you to take trivial matters to the people of social media…
— Andrew Applesauce (@suburbantraffic) January 6, 2016
14. That terrible day when reality dawned…
Didn’t have time to shower before class so I sprayed febreeze on myself how the hell am I supposed to be an adult next year ??
— Elly Hoogerwerf (@elly_hoogerwerf) October 27, 2016
15. When you totally failed at the Season of Giving…
— Ashlynne Neil (@Neilin_N_Dealin) December 15, 2015
16. The day that your maturity didn’t quite make the grade…
Starting my final year of college tomorrow and currently questioning my maturity as I spin around the kitchen on an office chair.
— Becca Larkin (@Becksieful) September 12, 2016
17. All those times adult life was put on hold because of a tiny little insect…
— Adrienne T (@Adrie_Enne) November 19, 2015
18. And all those times you forgot the meaning of the phrase: “safety first”…
Tonight I opened a can of black beans with a pair of pliers and pulled a hot skillet out of the oven with a flannel shirt. #notanadult
— DC Reilly (@justabadseed) November 8, 2015
But at least you try and make an effort when something’s playing on your mind…
— Marcus Johnson (@marcusjohnson12) June 28, 2015
Oh students, you never fail to amaze!
Image via Shutterstock