The Fourth Industrial Revolution has brought a new kind of economy that thrives off machine intelligence, social movements, data analytics, and geopolitics. Rapid-fire changes fuel the need for skilled business professionals who know how to navigate the future of work. Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business offers an innovative and customizable master’s degree to build in-demand business skills and specialized expertise.
The MS in Management is referred to as MS x because it reimagines the traditional management degree through personalized, interdisciplinary coursework. The program is highly customizable to help you build the competencies employers seek and develop deep knowledge and skills in your area of interest.
Whether you want to build on your existing expertise or reskill for a new industry, the MS x can be tailored to your career path with over 65 diverse electives and 13 unique concentrations taught by D’Amore-McKim’s industry-leading faculty. These electives include:
- Brand Management
- Business Management for Healthcare
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Innovation
- International Business
- Leading People and Organizations
- Marketing Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Sustainability and Business
You can complete this program with full-time study in as little as 12 to 16 months.
“The MS x is a new take on a master’s degree in management that gives you flexibility and choice to explore your specific interests in the context of foundational business skills and targeted areas of expertise,” says Associate Professor of Technological Entrepreneurship Tucker Marion. “You’ll graduate empowered to pursue your personal goals and equipped with the management skills today’s employers want.”
Northeastern’s approach to experience-powered learning is core to preparing students for success. The university’s signature “learning by doing” model allows you to apply what you’re learning in the classroom to real business challenges and will be infused throughout your entire experience in the MS x program.
- International Field Study. This three-credit elective course will prepare you for our increasingly borderless world. You’ll immerse yourself in a global business environment by learning a country’s business practices and culture abroad.
- Washington D.C. Residency. D’Amore-McKim is one of only 17 graduate business schools to offer the chance to earn academic credit in the nation’s capital. This week-long elective course boasts the opportunity to meet with members of Congress, senior civil servants, business executives, lobbyists, and their officials to learn first-hand how public policy affects the U.S. and global economies.
- IDEA. If your MS x experience inspires a million-dollar idea, the IDEA Student-Led Venture Accelerator can help you bring it to life. Whether you’re strategizing business plans or in need of prototype funding, IDEA provides services to support every stage of venture development. IDEA has launched 65 ventures to date and helped raise over 180 million U.S. dollars in external funding. It currently has over 300 ventures in the works.
- 360 Huntington Fund. Northeastern’s student-managed mutual fund offers the opportunity to participate in an actual mutual fund in the university’s endowment. Join the team, and you’ll be able to research, recommend, and choose the stocks that make up the fund alongside a diverse group of students.
A path to your next step
As an MS x student, you’ll also have access to resources that will help bolster your career readiness. The D’Amore-McKim Graduate Career Center is home to a team of advisors who can help you polish your resumé, learn career search strategies, participate in networking events, improve your interview skills, and more. Once you are halfway through your MS x program, a dedicated career advisor will be assigned to work with you one-on-one to help you develop the personal and professional skills to manage your lifelong career.
An Unparalleled Learning Environment
Becoming an MS x student at D’Amore-McKim also entails learning from a distinguished faculty of experts in their fields. Many of whom are startup founders, executives, and consultants at leading firms – some of which are Fortune 500s.
Furthermore, Northeastern is located in the heart of Boston—a city regarded as the unofficial capital of New England for its economic and cultural impact on the region. As a financial hub, it also makes it an attractive location to immerse yourself in American business culture.
Ultimately, the MS x program will prepare you to transition into a new industry through professional experience and focused knowledge or position you for a managerial promotion in your current field. D’Amore-McKim graduates are recruited by top firms, multinational businesses, and startups— laying down the foundations for a successful career.
If you’re ready to arm yourself with the business and management knowledge that employers seek, apply to the MS in Management program today.